Community-based psychosocial support – Participant’s Handbook
This participant’s book prepared by the referentCentre for Psychosocial Support of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reflects the increasingimportance of psychosocial support in the Red Cross Red Crescent movement. The way in which individuals, families and communities experience and respond to emergencies varies enormously. Most people are resilient and overcome very difficult circumstances. A smaller number may need help in dealing with ongoing symptoms of distress.
Wherever you are working, the Participant’s book, written to accompany the referent Centre for Psychosocial Support of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies training programme in psychosocial support, seeks to:
- Heighten awareness regarding psychosocial reactions to crisis situations and life conditions
- Improve preparedness and response to disasters
- Facilitate psychosocial support before, during and after disasters
- Promote resilience of individuals and communities and
- Improve emotional assistance to staff and volunteers.
Please feel welcome to contact us for additional information: